SELECTED ACADEMIC WRITING
- ‘Teacher Education in Malaysia: Preparing and Training of English Language Teacher Educators’. The Journal of Asia TEFL 8, No. 4, pp. 85-110, Winter 2011.
- ‘Twin Little Indias’ in At Home in the World, Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre, Haryana, India. 2009.
- “The Ebb and Flow of English Language Education in Malaysia” in Malachi Edwin Vethamani and Rajandaran Perumal (Eds.). Teaching English in Malaysia. Petaling Jaya: Sasbadi Sdn. Bhd. p 1-10, 2007.
- Reading Literary Texts in ‘The English Teacher’, Vol. XXXV, p. 20-33, Dec. 2007.
- “Blogging and Trainee Teachers’ Professional Development” in M.
Kamarul Kabilan, Norizan Abd.Razak and Mohamad Amin Embi
(Eds.). Online Teaching and Learning in ELT. Penang: Penerbit USM, 309-325. 2006.
- “Computer Mediated Communication in Literature Learning” in Muhammad Kamarul Kabilan (edt.).
Online Teaching and Learning in ELT. Pulau Pinang: Universiti Sains Malaysia Press, 2006.
- “K.S. Maniam: An Emerging Malaysian Writer of Young Adult Literary Texts?” in Too Wei Keong (edt.). Engaging Young Adult Readers through Young Adult Literature. Petaling Jaya: Sasbadi Sdn. Bhd. 2006
- “Towards a Literary Tradition: Malaysian Literature in English” in Ganakumaran Subramaniam, Ismaznizam J. Azyze and Shahizah Ismail Hamdan (edts). Nationhood in Literature: Expressions of Realities. Bangi: Pusat Pengajian Bahas dan Linguistik, UKM, 1-20, 2005.
- ‘Changing Tides: Teaching Literature in English in Malaysian Secondary Schools’ in Maya Khemlani David (edt). Teaching of English in Second Language Settings: Focus on Malaysia. Berlin: Peter Lang. 2004.
- ‘New Englishes New Literatures in English: Challenges for ELT Practitioners’ in Subramaniam, Ganakumaran (edt.) Teaching Literature in ESL and EFL Contexts.Petaling Jaya: Sasbadi Sdn. Bhd., 2003.
- ‘Building Bridges: Reading a Novel in the language Classroom’ in Vethamani, M. E. (edt). Readings in TESL Vol. 1: Essays in Honour of Hyacinth Gaudart. Petaling Jaya: Sasbadi Sdn. Bhd., 2003.
- ‘Language Choice and Language Variety in Character’ Utterances in the Novels of Lloyd Fernando and K.S. Maniam’ in Maya David (edt.) Methodological Issues in Language Maintenance and Shift.Berlin: Peter Lang, 2001.
- ‘Reading Malaysia through Minority Eyes’ in Rosli Talif (edt.) Diverse Voices (Proceedings for the 2ndMalaysian International Conference on Language And Culture Conference), p. 69-85, April 2001.
- ‘What English Do We Teach’ in The English Teacher’, Vol. XXX, p. 8-15, June 2001.
- ‘Common Ground: incorporating new literatures in English in language and literature teaching.’ in Carter, Ronald and John McRae (edts.). Language, Literature and the Learner. London: Longman, 1996.
- ‘Malaysian, Singaporean and Fijian Writers of the Indian Diaspora’ in Wasafiri (London), No. 21, 1995.