Malachi Edwin Vethamani has received awards for his contribution to the field of Teaching English Language as a Second Language (TESL) and Literature in English. They are:
- Vice-Chancellor’s Achievement Medal, University of Nottingham (2019)
Receiving the award from Professor Graham Kendall, Provost, University of Nottingham Malaysia.
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning Award 2018/2019
- Asian Education Leadership Award presented by World Education Congress, Mumbai, India. (2013)
- Malaysian English Language Teaching Association (MELTA) Special Award (2013)
Receiving the award from Her Royal Highness Raja Zarith Sofiah binti Almarhum Sultan Idris Shah, Permaisuri of Johor.
- Fulbright Scholarship (2000)
- Chevening Award (1993-1996)